CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 17 June 2012

Wedding Cake Card

Less is More Challenge 72 - Something Shiny

Not had much time to blog lately as last weekend we were up north for my cousin's wedding and hubby was doing the photo's with me helping, after the main photos were done I had 5 minutes to freshen up and change then back down to enjoy a lovely meal and dance after.  Still couldn't wear heels after hurting my foot the week before (all your kind words were appreciated, thankfully nothing was broken , but it has taken a while to walk normally and its still a bit stiff) I had to wear flats to the dance and this meant I had to rethink my outfit, so the white linen trousers came to the rescue!

Anyway onto my card.  Not sure about you but when I get asked to make two cards for the same person , on the same colour scheme ,I panic that I wont be able to come up with two different cards. I finally did. then I realised I needed a third from myself!! I will post the other two later. Incidentally , these were for a friend, not my cousin.

The first one I did had to tie in with the invites so that was easy then for the 2nd one, having seen a picture of her cake I decided to replicate the cake in card.

First I created the 3 tier cake in shimmer card then did a diagonal half of each tier in the zebra paper, then added a strip of silver mirri card ( not shown very well in photo) between the two halves, added in a few punched flowers with some shiny jewels, a few hearts punched from glitter card stuck to some wire coming out the top of the cake and it was done.the sentiment was done on the pc and the cake placed on 3d pads.

I am entering this into the Less is More challenge something shiny .

Thanks for looking K x



26 comments:

  1. Great card, I love your cake and the glittery hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome cake!
    Super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful - I love all the shine, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this you always come up with such great ideas, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing cake Karen! Glad you managed to sort out your outfit and I expect you were able to dance non-stop with your comfy shoes on! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing project, love the cake and looks great in the monochrome feel

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know English so I use the translator goggles. Jśli something is badly translated, they immediately apologize. I just want to say that I like the composition of your cake. Great idea. Card is very interesting
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Karen. Love the abstract look of the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cake - the zebra print looks great! The little glittery hearts are really cute too :) M x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, cake is great xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is fabulous. That cake looks good enough to eat.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just brilliant, I love that cake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cool I love the design of the cake~AWESOME CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen

    I know what you mean .. .. I have to do three for the same wedding and it always feels extra taxing doesn't it.

    Your wedding cake card is wonderful. I love it!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the zebra print on this, a fab card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cake must have been stunning. Hope it tasted as good as your card looks. It's so beautiful.

    cheers, rachel #51 (on the linky thing)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card - the zebra print gives it a brilliantly modern feel - like it lots!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is fabulous Karen!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marvelous cake design. Love the glitter hearts on top.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks good enough to eat, fab design.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looking card. Love the cake and the glittery hearts just finish it perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Karen - love the layered cake.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi
    Fabulous card... Love it ....
    Hugs sylvie xx
    I am a new follower..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card ... hugs nico x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Karen, you haven't blogged in ages! Just thought I'd say hi again and see if all's well? I'm assuming it's everyday life getting in the way of crafting - happens to us all! Take care, Jx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments left for me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...